Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Sky is Falling!!!

I pulled into the parking lot of school this morning and this is what I saw:

Then when I walked upstairs to my classroom this is what I saw in the hallway:

Apparently this summer they are repairing the leaky roof and have already started. It's super loud and dusty. Plus, we are only allowed in the room for a few hours a day now. So, looks like I'm bringing some stuff home.

Speaking of, here's a project I have lined up for the summer. My first year teaching I purchased these organizers for my construction paper. They look kinda plain like this:


It's a really great way to keep everything neat and organized. However, I have been inspired by Pinterest to take it up a notch with labels and some creative scrapbooking to look something more like this:

I'll be sure to show you how it turns out!! Now, I'm going to attempt to run into my room and pack stuff because I think the construction crew is at lunch!!! Have a great day!


4 comments:

Susie Q said...

Hi Kate!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am now your newest follower. Hope they get your school cleaned up quick so you can get in there and do your stuff.

Susie Q

susieqsclass@gmail.com

learningwithsusieq.blogspot.com

Miss Foote said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I found yours too. Oh how I hate roof repairs. A couple of summers ago, the roof was being redone and it rained....right through onto my classroom library!

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Sarah Paul said...

I love those bins! I can't wait to hear how it turned out when you're done. Maybe I'll be inspired...
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm a new follower. :)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Carly Wizeman said...

I saw your comment on my page and came over to check out yours! :) I saw this idea on pinterest too!! I also saw that they did this with the big 3 drawer bins! I have literally like 6 of them and I planned on tackling that next week! :) Looking forward to seeing what yours turns out like! :)