Monday, June 18, 2012

Product review and easy activity

I was packing & cleaning around the classroom today and I spotted one of my favorite things I just had to share with all my blogging friends. I'd like to start by saying, I am not endorsing this product, it's just something I really like and think you will like too if you organize like me!


I purchased it last fall from Really Good Stuff. It's called the Store More® Wire Works Desktop Secretary and retails for $29.99. For years, I've used plastic organizers and stacking shelves, but nothing has been as good as this. I found that this is very sturdy and is much easier for me to use. Plus I find that it works really well on the side of my u-shaped table.

The file folders were purchased separately (and of course color coordinated with our room). However, regular pocket folders and binders also fit in each section. Underneath, I have my reading and math observation logs to write anecdotal notes as the students are working. I store them here because it's on my u-shaped table. You can also fit a binder or other materials there.




On the side are 3 cups for pencils, pens, and markers. I also keep some scissors in case I need some in small groups. These cups can be placed on either side of the unit.

I absolutely love this as it really helps me stay organized. I recommend it to anyone who is obsessed with organizing their classroom as me.

The second thing I want to share with you is a product I found while wondering the aisles of Target one day. I was trying to get items off a friend's baby registry and stumbled upon these cute little bath toys.I had a little "Ahh!" moment in the middle of Target and I'm pretty sure I might have said something out loud which caused people to stare.




These blocks cost under $5 per set. I divided them up and placed them in plastic containers. The students use them during Literacy Centers sometimes to create sentences. This activity is fun for students who are struggling or soaring in the classroom. They just love picking up the little foam blocks.
         

I hope you are able to try both of these ideas. As I said, I don't get paid to endorse either one of these products. I just like them a lot!







4 comments:

Delighted said...

Wow! I really like that Desktop Secretary. I can see myself using that to the fullest! Thanks for sharing.

imgoingfirst@gmail.com

amy said...

I really like the organizer you spotlighted! Thanks for the tip!
Amy
Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I love that organizer! I might need one! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your layout is adorable!!! I'm a new follower.

So you are in Jersey--I must ask: do you live near the "Shore" and do you see any peeps from Jersey Shore!?! LOL!


Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Kate said...

Nah I'm from north jersey. No jersey shore up here. Between them and the real housewives, they are giving jersey a bad rep. Errrrrrr