Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Busy Weekend of Celebrations!

Wow, what a Saturday!
I spent the day running form one party to another and had a fabulous time doing it!

I started at my friend Jeslyne's Bridal Shower. She's one of my oldest friends and I can't wait to see her marry the love of her life in 2 months. Here are some pics from the shower thrown by her awesome sister:

 We played the game where you make dresses out of toilet paper. I can't believe I've never played this game before. The one I did was on the left...I thought it was pretty dang good!

 The  cake was absolutely gorgeous. I thought it was fake when they first brought it out. It was so perfect...and delicious!

The pièce de résistance was a Cosmo Fountain! This was at the end of the party when it was running low, because I was too excited to have some that I forgot to snap a pic!

After the shower, I ran home to pick up Mr. A so we could go to party #2. I found him fast asleep. Apparently, when I was at the shower, he was busy chopping down more trees in the yard.

The yard is starting to come along. It already looks much bigger! 

Finally, I pulled him off the couch and we headed to our friend's 30th birthday party my BFF Laura was throwing. He was so surprised! She did an amazing job on the center pieces and even hand painted the little baseballs.


And even though I am NOT, I repeat, am NOT a Mets fan, this cake her cousin Maria made was absolutely the most amazing cake I've ever seen. She really is super talented!

Overall, it was an great day filled with lots of fun, family, food, & drinks. 
Hope everyone has a great time celebrating Father's Day today!



2 comments:

Delighted said...

Sounds like a fun filled day! Love the baseball cake (however... it would have been better if it represented New York Yankees!). lol

imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Kate said...

oh, you have no idea! But, the cake was pretty awesome even if it was from the worst team ever!