Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Love those weekly readers...

Good afternoon friends!
     We are down to 13 days of school and boy is it getting interesting! At least we get to pop a balloon in a little bit. We are going to use sidewalk chalk...shhhh! It's a surprise!

I thought I'd take the time today to share an idea that I've used for a few years now, but I just posted on TPT. Throughout the years I've made a collection of Weekly Readers, Scholastic News, and Time for Kids magazines. The kiddos love doing these activities. but I'm always looking for ways to get more bang for my buck. I took my collection down to Lakeshore and laminated all of them. I them placed them in a clear plastic file folder.



The kids love selecting magazines from the folder during Literacy Centers. I try to keep them in line with the theme we are doing in class or school. Afterwards, they complete one of the Weekly Reader Reports. I usually introduce one report a week to the class. Once they have learned them all, I give them free choice of the report they would like to complete. This is definitely a great center the kids love and always ask me to put out...even during free time!



 
If you want to grab a copy of the weekly reader reports, head on over to my TPT store!!!








No comments: