Thursday, June 14, 2012

sitting at my desk

7 more days and boy am I ready for vacation! I already made some cute little gifts for my co-teacher and the girls I was mentoring this year. I'll post them next week after I give them their gifts in case they are snooping around my blog (cough cough Dalyn!).

It's just about time to start packing up my classroom. Probably my least favorite thing to do since I have so much STUFF. I was sitting at my desk and noticed my organizer. I made it from a tool box I bought at Lowe's.



Don't you love it? The colors go perfectly with the classroom. I definitely want to add more colors like this to our room next year. It's very peaceful. Plus, I added some bees and flowers which help incorporate out bee theme without being too cartoonish.

If you want to make one like this here is what you need:
  • Lowe's organizer (for nails and hardware)
  • cardstock/scrap paper (mine was adhesive so I didn't need glue)
  • hot glue gun*
  • clear labels
  • 3D stickers
Once you have your supplies, it's super easy.
  1. Cut strip of cardstock to size of each drawer.
  2. Stick cardstock to drawers.
  3. Print labels.
  4. Add stickers.
  5. Fill with all your fun stuff!
Told ya it was easy! Good luck making one for your classroom. If you do, send me a pic!

Oh, one more thing. The other day I posted some pictures of our backyard before we started to cut down trees and stuff. Well, I came home yesterday to this:

The bf took out all the hedges with a chainsaw! I have to say, the yard looks SOOO much bigger now. Plus it will a lot easier to paint the house. We are debating whether to add river rocks or mulch to the area once we dig up the roots. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Hope you all have a great day!


No comments: