Friday, June 29, 2012

The Sky Fell and Some Awards

What a day! First, I arrived to school and found this waiting for me in my room:
Apparently, the team working on the roof forgot to cover it with a tarp and it poured. So I've spent the morning going through and checking out to see if anything was ruined. Thanksfully nothing in my room was damaged.

Good news for the day was I found our new materials for Reading:


I am so excited to get my new Reading program today. We are using the SuperKids Reading Program which is awesome! Do any of you use it? We are using it in conjunction with the American Reading Company, another program that I am really excited about.

If you use either program, let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. I'd love to hear it!!!

Next, I was so excited to have received some awards yesterday from Michelle @ Smitten With First for the Versatile Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog award!
The rules for this award are: 1. Thank the blogger who nominated you. 2. Include a link to their site. 3. Include the award image in your post. 4. Give 7 random facts about yourself. 5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. 6. When nominating, include a link to their site. 7. Let other bloggers know they’ve been nominated.

This meant so much to me to receive these awards!
Once you receive the Lovely Blog Award, you must follow 3 rules: 1. Follow the person that gave you the award. 2. Link back to the person that gave you the award. 3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers.
I am passing these two awards onto..
 
Here are my 7 random facts about me from the Versatile Blogger award:
1. I have a bit of an obessession with all things Disney and have been to WDW over 50 times. I honestly think Walt Disney is one of the most interesting people ever.
2. I attended Iona College on a softball scholarship. I really miss playing softball as it was such a big part of my life for so long.
3. Singin' in the Rain is  my all time favorite movie and I have a massive crush on Gene Kelly.
4. My BF and I have started to take over and remodel the house I grew up in. It's been a crazy process, but I'm really excited about it.
5.  I am a trivia master and have won tons of trivia contests!
6. I buy WAY too much makeup, but I can't help it. I'm a glamour girl... :)
7. I love going to Yankee Stadium with my BF, but I really love following the team across the country and seeing them play on the road. We've already seen them play in Anaheim, Oakland, and Baltimore.  
Phew!


7 comments:

Lisa R. said...

Yikes! Thank goodness nobody was in the room when the sky decided to fall. I haven't about the SuperKids reading program, but am definitely interested in hearing more about it!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Miss Foote said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Foote said...

So glad your stuff was saved. I lost half my library when our school's roof was redone.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Tangelia C. said...

Aww! Thanks so much for giving me these awards! I am your newest follower!!

Michelle Hudgeons said...

Oh no!! Thank Larry nobody was in there when it fell! Michelle @ Smitten With First
I'm having a giveaway!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for passing these awards onto me!!!

Tammy
1...2...3...Teach With Me

Kelly said...

I teach the SuperKids program in second grade and LOVE it!