Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Guided Math Questions

Good Morning Everyone! Today, I have some free time in the morning (which never happens!) and thought I would share an item that we have been using the last few months.

Everyday in Guided Reading, I use Guided Reading Prompts which help facilitate the reading lessons. This have been invaluable. I don't think I could teach Guided Reading without them.  Then I noticed that there was not the same level of questioning going on in Math. Thus, I created the Guided Math Questions. These questions work exactly like the ones for reading. As we are in a small group math lesson, the students pull a craft stick from the container. They then answer the question that is on the stick. Many of the questions are based off of the essential questions that we wrote into our curriculum....it ties in perfectly!




Feel free to snag a copy of these questions from TPT so you can make your own! Don't forget to add feedback so you can earn TPT credits!!!








No comments: