Monday, July 2, 2012

Target Haul, Barrel Planter, and Getting Ready for the 4th

Hey everyone!
  The last 2 days we have been working on a TON of stuff. Since today was the first Monday I didn't have to wake up early and go to work, I slept in, watched some tv, then did one of my favorite things....go to Target!!

Seriously, Target is really my favorite store of all time. Here's a snapshot of my haul today:

 Really though, where else can you go and get scotch tape, nail polish remover, gift bags, pencils, false eyelashes, foundation, a banner, straws, a notepad, and a dress for under $50....and it's awesome stuff!!!!

Here are two of my fave items:
I fell in love with these pencils and had to have them. Oh, the Places You'll Go is once of my favorite books, so I needed these pencils!

I bought these cute items for our 4th of July party on Wednesday. The straws are supposed to look like firecrackers and the other is a fun banner I think I'm going to hang between some trees as a little backdrop for the day. LOVE THEM!

After a long and productive trip to Target, I did a little Make it Monday and stained a barrel to put outside. It works perfectly as a planter for my flowers:
Bought a plain barrel at Christmas Tree Shop.

Stained it using Olympic wood stain...rubber gloves are key!

The finished product!!! 

I love the way this came out so much, I ran back to Christmas and bought 2 more...and an extra large one. I have a little something special planned for that one, I'll have to post it when it's done!

Finally, I made it home in time to watch the Bachelorette and get a little patriotic with my nails...what do you think? I love them!

Hope you all had a fabulous Monday. The winner of my giveaway will me announced soon, I can't wait. Plus, I snuck into my new classroom for the fall and took some pics. I'm gonna need some help figuring where everything should go, so I'll be posting them next time as well!!





3 comments:

Wolfelicious said...

Great finds! Love the flower pot.

April
Wolfelicious

Unknown said...

You have a fun haul going on here!! Wanted to drop by and let you know I have given you the Versatile Blogger award! Swing by to grab it :)
❤ -Stephanie
Falling Into First

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.