Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July Recap & Two New Projects

To say this week has been busy would be an understatement. I have been crazy busy running all around getting ready for our 4th of July party, cleaning up from the party, and most importantly hitting the after 4th sales!
Plus, we have a wedding to go to in a little bit and my mom's birthday tomorrow, but I felt I needed to come and show a little love to my bloggy friends. 

Here are some pics from the 4th:

Sangria in mason jars with  cute firecracker straws (from Target of course!)

View of our patio at 11pm, party still going strong!


The backyard is looking really good these days. We've actually added an outdoor bar and more string lights around the perimeter since our party. I'll have to post a picture of it soon. It looks incredible!

Oh, and one other things I've been busy on is two projects for TPT.

The first, Super Spellers, is a great way to review spelling words during literacy centers. I love doing these activities for my word work.

You can pick this game up HERE.


The second, Super Hero Search, is perfect to help incorporate phonics and grammar into literacy centers.



You can pick up this game HERE.


Both activities can be planned two ways. After laminating, I usually place them on a binder ring. Then I pull out on task card for the students to complete. I follow this procedure until I have introduced all the tasks. Then, students are allowed to select the activity they would like for that day.

I find that these are super easy and the kids stay engaged while doing them. You can head on over to my TPT store and pick them up!


1 comment:

Penny Lundquist said...

I love the sangria in mason jars with the firecracker straws! Too cute!