Thursday, November 15, 2012

Turkey Time Math Madness

Gobble Gobble everyone!

Well, we are back in school and back in action here in NJ. Everyone is safe and sound now. Looks like the gas rationing is over and things are looking up once again. Now it's time to talk turkey....Turkey Math that is!


Turkey Math is one of my absolute fave projects I do in first grade.
There are two versions, addition and subtraction.

This year the kids just drew on the feathers, last year they glued on real feathers because I had some lying around. You can also use leaves for the feathers. Either way...they look amazeballs!


 
Be sure to stop by my TPT store and pick it up here!
 
Please make sure you follow my blog. I have a giveaway all ready for when I reach 100 followers...and if you already follow, feel free to help me spread the word!
 
Have a great day!





3 comments:

Sonny B. said...

Katie, Thank you so much for creating this math manipulative! I'm a retired teacher who volunteers in 1st grade classrooms and makes ANY manipulatives that teachers need. I would like to ask...OK...beg you if you would consider making more turkeys in a fact family setting plus all/any missing numbers in the turkey math sentence. This would be outstanding! Thanks in advance!

Amy said...

I love your site! I am nominating you for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog for the details on the nomination. AlbuquerqueAmysFirstGraders.blogspot.com

Julie DiBenedetto said...

Hi Kate!
I am out doing some first grade blog-hopping and thought I would stop and tell you how lovely your blog is! I am searching for that perfect designer (for a reasonable price) to help give me a makeover! Stop on over for a visit!
So nice to be your newest follower!
Happy Holidays!
Julie
Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe