Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let's Get Organized!

First off, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been able to post on here. Things have gotten a little hectic in my life. We started to refurbish the house I grew up in. Take a look at the living room before and after pics:


                                                                         Before
                                                                           After

I think it came out pretty awesome considering the whole room cost under $6,000 which includes the hardwood floors for the entire house and adding the lighting!


 Now that it's over, I can finally post again...YAY! I know many people are almost done with school, but we still have a bunch of days left. Since we still have some time we decided to start getting the classroom organized.
    I always find it important to clean and organize before I pack my things for the summer. This makes unpacking them that much easier. It is especially helpful if you are going to be in a different classroom next year like me. I go through this every year and have never been able to find a good solution. However, I think I've finally found it!

    I went to Dollar tree yesterday (LOVE IT!) and picked up a bunch of square containers, kinda like tupperware. They are from the "Sure Fresh" line. These containers are large enough to hold almost all of my supplies and materials. I also picked up some small ones for little things like cotton balls, beads, and googly eyes.

Take a look at my cabinets now:

Don't you just love it?! I haven't finished yet because I ran out of containers and I want to add labels, but I just couldn't contain myself (see what I did there...hahaha!). Today I'm heading to another Dollar Tree to pick up some more since I cleaned out the one in my town. I'll post more pictures when I'm all done.

Good luck and happy organizing!


1 comment:

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Looks awesome!!!!!! I'm a new follower! I think I forgot to follow the other day {I said I did but didn't}...

Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT