Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Question of the Day

Well, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind, but I think I am back in business ready to blog daily again..woohoo!

Today, I have a new project that I added to my TPT store. I created a daily question of the day for kids to answer as the enter the classroom. Each day, I post a new question for the kids to answer. As they enter the class, they find their number  card and "check in" by responding to the prompt. Its a great way to a.) do attendance and b.) collect data daily. The kids LOVE it!

 
Here's a pic:

 
Each prompt in this set is yes or no question. They are themed for the month of October (Do you like spooky stories? Have you ever seen a spider web, etc.). The number cards are from Doodles Bugs. You can grab them for free here.
 
Here's a quick organization tip, write a number on the back of each card. This way you can keep track of the prompts you did so there are no repeats! I store all of mine in a plastic folder from dollar tree...easy peasy!




If you would like to grab this packet it's for sale in my TPT store: here
I will be putting these together for each month AND a big mega-value pack for the entire year, so before to stick around to check it out!!

Comments....I'd love to hear them!!! Have a great afternoon!


2 comments:

The Colorful Apple said...

Such a cute idea! My students check-in by choosing their lunch. Not nearly as interesting! I bet this sparks some good conversations in your classroom.

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Kate said...

It really does! We use it to jump start our morning meeting. We call it "Share the News" where they turn and talk to their partner a la Whole brain Teaching. Next month we are introducing journals that correspond to each question. I'll be posting those soon, so be sure to check them out!